Classification: Hourly (non-exempt)
Hours: Typical day shift is 7:00am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday with overtime hours.
Reports to Plant Manager and Lead Landscaper
Responsibility: This position is responsible for the overall upkeep of the school grounds (landscaping). The candidate should have a basic knowledge of landscaping such as the ability to identify plants, weeds, and understand the daily water needs. Occasionally assists the Events Department in set-up, monitoring and takedown of events on both campuses, as well as off campus.
1) Radio, raincoat, rain pants, and rain boots.
2) School-issued radio.
3) Hedge trimmers, chainsaw, shovel, hoe, rake and other typical landscaping hand and power tools as necessary.
4) Comfortability with use of scissor lift, ladders, fork lift and other similar industrial equipment.
5) Personal Protection Equipment: gloves, earplugs, and eye protection.
1) Sweeping Alley and other portions of the school after lunch and snack, and as needed.
2) Assist with routine safety inspections, emergency drills, and if need be emergency situations.
3) May be required to do some extensive digging, or trenching.
4) Light tree trimming.
5) Install and repair drip irrigation, sprinkler valves, pipes and heads when necessary.
6) Fertilize and water trees, shrubbery, flower beds, and hedges.
7) Keep assigned areas free of weeds, pest, and plant diseases.
8) Keep available via radio for requests.
9) Must be able to read and understand work orders as well as faculty use forms.
10) Must be able to assist in the set up desks, tables, etc. for events or as necessary.
11) Occasionally assist with Security in carpool duties which include directing traffic.
12) Drop off mail to the US Post Office daily.
1) Will need to occasionally drive the school vehicle to events, to the dump, and other off campus locations.
2) All employees in this category must be insurable by the School’s insurance company. Must have a valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record; driving record needs to remain clean.
3) Must be in good physical condition, be able to lift 75 lbs., and be able to do physical labor.
4) Must be self motivated and be able to work with little direction from time to time.
5) Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English (and would be helpful in Spanish) as it relates to the job. They will be capable of clear, concise written and oral communication in a variety of settings and will also be able to handle the fast-paced and sometimes hectic environment of the School.
6) Any other duties relavent to the Landscaping field.