Middle and Upper School Substitute Teachers
Crossroads has been recognized for decades as an innovative force in education and for the public good. Its progressive philosophy, strong community and culture, emphasis on diversity and inclusion (50% of students and 38% of faculty identify as people of color), and a belief that all domains of school life (arts, athletics, service, etc.) are equally integral to a child’s development and well-being have made it a top choice for families in Los Angeles. It is a particularly exciting time for the School: current initiatives include the fully endowed Equity & Justice Institute, an ambitious 15-point strategic plan and a capital campaign to construct a performing arts complex on the 21st Street campus.
We are currently accepting applications for experienced teachers to substitute teach as needed on campus. Credentialed teachers and/or those with advanced degrees in the discipline and who have experience teaching Middle School and Upper School students in a progressive school environment are preferred.
Specifically, we are seeking teachers of:
- Advanced Mathematics: Algebra 2, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Marine, and Environmental Science
- World Languages: Chinese/Mandarin, French, Latin, and Spanish native language speakers who have taught in an immersion environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applicants should be responsible, well-organized, timely, flexible and able to substitute as needed in advance of an assignment.
- Applicants should have a mobile device, knowledge of the use of Mac laptop, google docs, and word processing software, and confident familiarity with crafting and responding to email and text communications.
- Must have knowledge of how to follow and implement a lesson plan.
- Write and provide constructive reports after each assignment
Required Qualifications: (Skills, experience, education/certification, etc.)
- BA/BS degree required, Masters or higher preferred.
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- Ability to climb stairs to classes.
- Standing all day, moving about the classroom, outdoor supervision area to monitor students, and sitting during certain periods
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to this position. Click here to apply: Apply
**COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
No phone calls please
One of Crossroads School’s founding commitments is to developing a socially, economically and racially diverse student body. We are equally committed to a supporting a vibrant and diverse workforce. Crossroads is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age or sexual orientation. People of color, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.