Elementary School Substitute Teachers
Crossroads School is an independent, K-12, coed school of nearly 1,200 students, located in the beach city of Santa Monica, CA. Founded in 1971, Crossroads was founded on five core commitments: to academic excellence; to the arts; to the greater community; to a student body of social, racial, and economic diversity; and to the development of each student’s physical well-being and full human potential.
Crossroads has been recognized for decades as an innovative force in education and for the public good. Its progressive philosophy, strong community and culture, emphasis on diversity and inclusion (50% of students and 38% of faculty identify as people of color), and a belief that all domains of school life (arts, athletics, service, etc.) are equally integral to a child’s development and well-being have made it a top choice for families in Los Angeles. It is a particularly exciting time for the School: current initiatives include the fully endowed Equity & Justice Institute, an ambitious 15-point strategic plan and a capital campaign to construct a performing arts complex on the 21st Street campus.
We are currently accepting applications for K-5 substitute teachers in general education and in specialty subjects (art, music, dance, drama, science, physical education, Spanish, and technology).
Essential Job Functions:
- Applicants should be responsible, well organized, flexible and able to substitute on campus as NEEDED on the day of or night before the assignment.
- Applicants should have a mobile device and be confident in the use of the device for email and text communications.
- Comfortable in all aspects of classroom management
- Be able to follow and implement lesson plans
- Write a brief report to the teacher at the end of the day’s assignment.
- Comfortable on Zoom and able to manage students in break-out rooms, if needed.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Required Qualifications: (Skills, experience, education/certification, etc.)
- B.A. degree and experience teaching elementary school aged children.
- lifting up to 50lbs
- standing all day, moving about the classroom, outdoor supervision area to monitor students, and sitting during certain periods
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to this position. Click here to apply: Apply**COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemptionOne of Crossroads School’s founding commitments is to developing a socially, economically and racially diverse student body. We are equally committed to a supporting a vibrant and diverse workforce. Crossroads is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age or sexual orientation. People of color, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.