Head of School Bob Riddle first conceived of the Equity & Justice Institute several years ago, to provide more opportunities for students to develop as engaged citizens and to significantly bolster the School’s impact on the global community. Crossroads’ Board of Trustees approved the proposal in 2012 as part of the capital campaign Worlds Unimagined: The Campaign for Crossroads.
The Equity & Justice Launch Committee was instrumental in developing the goals and structure of the program.
Equity & Justice Institute Launch Committee
- Eric Barber, Director of Enrollment Management
- Drew Devore, Chair, US History Department
- Marisa Alimento, MS Curriculum Coordinator, Latin Teacher
- Alan Barstow, US English Teacher
- Marisol León '03, Crossroads Trustee; Deputy Attorney General with the CA Department of Justice, Civil Rights Enforcement Section
- Joy Watt, ES Technology Coordinator