Crossroads will begin accepting applications for admission to the 2018-19 school year on August 1, 2017.
Below are details for every step of the application process to help you plan and prepare. Our team is happy to answer any questions you have regarding our school program or the admission process. You may contact the Second admissions team at 310-582-4451 or via email
. We look forward to getting to know your family better!
1. Create a Ravenna HUB Student Profile
By creating a Student Profile in Ravenna HUB
, you are able to manage your online application and submit and track all supplemental admissions forms. You are also able to register for optional admissions events such as tours,Discover Crossroads! Family Events and administrator coffees. You may create a Student Profile by completing the following steps:
- Create a Ravenna HUB username and password
- Select Add Student (Basic Information, Current School, Household Information, Photo)
- Go to School Directory
- Select Crossroads School For Arts and Sciences
- Click ‘Apply’
2. Register for a Campus Tour and/or Discover Crossroads! Family Event
We strongly recommend that applicants and their families visit Crossroads to see classes in action and experience campus life. You may register for a tour through your Ravenna HUB
account. Tours run from late September through mid-January. We offer two Discover Crossroads! Family Events
for grades 6-12.
3. Submit the Core Application Forms – Due December 8, 2017
Complete and submit the Core Application Forms via Ravenna HUB
. The Core Application Forms include three parts: the Application for Admission, Parent/Guardian Statement and Student Section. The application fee is $175. If you require a fee waiver, please contact the Admissions Office
4. Register for a Student Interview
– Register by December 8, 2017
Middle School applicants will engage in fun and engaging small group interview activities; please note we do not conduct individual interviews for Middle School applicants or parents/guardians.
5. Register for and take an Admission test
- Grade 6 - register for and take the SSAT - Due December 9, 2017 Crossroads prefers our 6th grade applicants take the SSAT. The SSAT will be offered at Crossroads on November 11 and December 9. Please consult www.ssat.org for registration and other specific information, including access to the new "practice portal. Crossroads will accept the ISEE as a substitute.
- Fee waivers for the SSAT test and practice portal are available. Please contact us via email or call our office 310-582-4451 for fee waiver information.
- All testing must occur during the current school year, beginning in September. Scores from prior years or summer months will not be accepted.
- There is no minimum score requirement for admission.
- Grade 7 and 8 - register for and take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) - Due January 20, 2018
The ISEE is a standardized admission test that measures student aptitude and achievement in four main areas. You may take the test at any participating school listed on the ISEE website
. When you register, please enter our school code of 053307 so we receive the results. Fee waivers are available, please call our office 310-582-4451 or email
for more information. The ISEE will be offered at Crossroads on January 20.
6. Teacher Recommendations
Due January 19, 2018. We require two Teacher Recommendation Forms from teachers who have taught your student this year or last year.
- 6th Grade - The teacher recommendation form is a delegated (emailed) form. Prior to delegating the form, please inform the teacher that he or she will be receiving an email from Ravenna.
- Grades 7 and 8 - We specifically require one from a language arts teacher and one from a math or science teacher. We use the Consortium of Secondary School Admission Directors (CSSAD) common teacher recommendation form.
7. Administrative Recommendation
Due January 19, 2018. We require the Consortium of Secondary School Admission Directors (CSSAD) common Administrative Recommendation form. The form may be completed by the Head of School, Academic Counselor or Dean, Registrar or other appropriate school administrator.
8. Request transcripts from your child’s current school
Due January 19, 2018. Please print, sign and submit the Transcript Request Form to your child’s school. The school will be responsible for submitting the requested academic records to Ravenna Solutions via upload (highly recommended) or mail (please allow a week for processing). Upon receipt of your child’s transcripts, Ravenna Solutions will scan or upload these items into your child’s online application.
9. Optional Recommendation
Due January 19, 2018. You may elect to submit one Optional Recommendation, which can be from any adult who knows your student well - a coach, art teacher, music instructor, or other advocate for your child from inside or outside of your current school.
10. Apply for Tuition Reduction (Financial Aid)
If you would like to apply for tuition reduction (financial aid), please make sure you have checked off that area on your Application for Admission. All families seeking aid must complete the Parents’ Financial Statement and upload your 2016 Federal Tax Return to the sss.nais.org
website by January 11, 2018
. Your 2017 Federal Tax Return must be scanned and uploaded to the sss.nais.org
website by February 8, 2018
. The Crossroads School code is 2676.